There are so many things to know when buying online. We have opted for plain language terms and conditions that are easy to follow, concise but above all else, fair. We don't try to trip you up with jargon and long-winded, complicated conditions. Instead we have simple solutions to warranties and returns. If you are unhappy please let us know. we may be able to help you out even if it's not written here because we obviously can't foresee every situation. By purchasing from the Industrial Athletic Ltd website you should be aware of the following conditions - just in case.
In the event a product or gym equipment is listed at an incorrect price, or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, the seller shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price. The seller shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, the seller shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. If the goods do not match the description on the seller's website, the buyer should inform the seller immediately so that the seller may take appropriate action. The seller reserves the right to change the content of the website at any time and without prior notice
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Order acceptance only occurs when the goods are dispatched to the buyer. The seller reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, to accept or decline your order for any reason. The seller reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order.
Any quotations of delivery times by the seller are made in good faith but are estimates and the seller shall not be bound by such quotation.
Items will be freighted from our 3rd party logistics warehouse in Auckland depending on availability.
PLEASE NOTE: Pick-ups are not available from our Auckland warehouse.
RETURN OF GOODS
Our terms are very simple:
- Goods can only be returned under our 100 Day Return Policy rules.
- Goods cannot be returned if you simply change your mind after 14 days from purchase date.
We only ship orders to New Zealand addresses. We do not accept international orders.
NOTE: Please choose your order carefully as we cannot make changes after it has been invoiced and dispatch.
Orders confirmed and paid before 1.00pm will normally be dispatched on the same business day. (Mon – Fri)
Orders confirmed and paid after 1.00pm will normally be dispatched on the next business day. (Mon – Fri)
For delivery of Fitness Equipment allow 2-4 working days approx.
(Delivery to Rural Addresses normally takes an extra 1-3 days)
- All orders are shipped using Track and Trace and require a signature upon delivery.
- Orders placed on a New Zealand public holiday will be processed on the next business day.
- If for some reason we cannot fulfill your order within the specified timeframes you will be notified by email of the new delivery time.
- Orders paid for by credit card are securely processed in "real time" when you place your order. They will normally be dispatched on the same business day if received before 1.00pm.
- Orders are sent via courier and therefore cannot be guaranteed on a specific date at a specific time. If you require a specific delivery date and time please contact us directly and we can arrange specialised delivery at an additional cost.
Door to Door standard delivery
- Products are delivered securely to your doorstep only, by courier or transport.
- Door to door standard delivery service requires easy access to ground level only. (no stairs)
- Some customer assistance may be required at time of standard delivery for heavier items, or bulk orders. The driver is only scheduled for a 15minute drop off period.
- Extra charges will apply for all non-standard deliveries and must be organized and paid for in advance.
- Unless otherwise stated all deliveries are made between Monday & Friday.
- Before signing the truck driver’s delivery docket inspect your goods for signs of any damaged packaging. Write details of any damage on the delivery docket then sign it. You MUST notify us within 24hrs of any internal or external damages to your goods. Email: contact us
- Assembly is not included.
- Special instructions must be added when purchasing - e.g. Forklift available, tail-lift truck required, narrow driveway, rear access etc
- Giving Authority To Leave, without a signature - first carefully consider whether this is the best approach, as the place you instruct our driver to leave the item may not be secure. If the item goes missing after it has been delivered on your instructions, we will not be liable for any loss or damage that occurs.
All Rural Deliveries must be within 10km of the nearest township otherwise extra charges will apply.
NOTE: Delivery to Rural addresses normally takes an extra 1-3 days.
Industrial Athletic use a 3rd Party Logistics operation, and do not have our own warehouse. Administration, health and safety and staff costs are all factors that need to be considered and charged if a customer wishes to collect. Refunds for freight charges paid, are usually non-refundable, if you wish to collect. Please take this into consideration before completing your purchase.
Heightened alert levels for covid-19 restricted periods are considered force majeure events, and can cause significant delays. Normal delivery terms above will not necessarily apply.
Goods leaving the seller’s premises are adequately packed. Claims for damage or loss in transit must be made as follows:
- Prior to acknowledging delivery to the carrier the buyer must ensure that the complete consignment as per the carrier's note has been received. Should there be a shortage or visible damage to outer packaging the carrier's note must be endorsed accordingly at the time the goods are delivered. No liability for goods damaged or lost in transit will be accepted by the seller. Details of any claim should immediately be advised to both the seller and carrier so that a remedy can be processed.
- You MUST notify The Seller and the carrier of any damage (internal or external damage) within 24 hours of receiving the goods. email: Contact Us
The buyer understands that exercise may be a risk to physical health and safety if not done properly. The buyer further understands that it is the seller's recommendation, that the buyer consults a physician or sports professional prior to using any equipment or engaging in any exercise program or activity.
The seller shall not be held responsible for damages arising from the buyer's recklessness, negligence, misuse of gym equipment, improper execution of generally acceptable exercise techniques, or for any damage or injury that occurs pursuant to any information received from the seller on the Internet, or by any other means now known or later developed.
To the full extent permitted by the laws in New Zealand, the seller shall not in any event be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages including but not limited to loss of use, loss of data, loss of business or profits. If the materials on this website are purchased for business purposes, as defined by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 ("the Act"), the provisions of the Act shall not apply to the materials so purchased.
Materials on this Website may not be modified, reproduced or publicly displayed, performed or distributed or used for any public or commercial purpose.
This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. You accept that the seller has no control over, and is not responsible, for any material contained on any third party websites. Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience, and do not constitute an endorsement of that third party, or any products or services referred to on their site unless expressly stated otherwise.
This website is intended to be accessed by New Zealand residents. We make no representations about the compliance of this site with the laws of any other country. Therefore if you access this website outside of New Zealand you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with any laws where you access the website, or where information you publish or upload can be accessed.
Industrial Athletic Ltd will not pass your personal information on to any other party without your permission. Your personal information will be used only for the purpose for which you gave it to us.
Google Analytics for Display & Remarketing Advertising is used for past visitors on this site. If you wish to opt out go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ If you would like your account to be removed from the Industrial Athletic Ltd website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Athletic Products
All warranties for non Industrial Athletic manufactured Products will be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty. Specific warranties for each barbell category are listed on Individual Product Pages
Frames. 10 Year Warranty***
Structural Welds. 10 Year Warranty
Bronze Bushings. 5 Year Warranty
Cables, Guide Rods, Sealed Roller Bearings. 5 Year Warranty
Kettlebells. 5 Year Warranty***
Sewn Items. 2 Year Warranty
Medicine balls. 2 Year Warranty
Slam Balls. 6 Months Warranty
Upholstery and Grips. 90 Day Warranty
Wheels. 90 Day Warranty
Wood Items. 90 Day Warranty
Bands. 90 Day Warranty
Climbing Ropes. 90 Day Warranty
- Rubber Bumper Plates shall only be dropped on platforms or surfaces designed for its intended use, for example, IWF / IPF Weightlifting and Training Platforms, or flooring specifically intended for weightlifting use.
- For any weightlifting activity, we recommend a minimum 20mm composite Higher Density Rubber flooring with a force reduction value of 35% or greater.
- Regularly inspect Plates and immediately tighten any loose screws with the appropriate tooling.
- All maintenance should be carried out by approved technicians
- Never use a Bumper Plate with loose screws.
- Always use collars on each end of the bar to prevent any movement of the discs during the lift.
CLEANING AND CARE:
- Apply a mild soap detergent to a lint free cloth, then wipe down product surface.
- For disinfection, we recommend alcohol-free, bleach-free, and o-phenylphenol (OPP) ammonia free wipes. Alcohol and chlorine-based products will damage the rubber, causing it to deteriorate over time.
HD & Nitro Bumper Plates. 5kg 90 Day Warranty, all other 2 Year Warranty
Podium Bumper Plates. 5kg 90 Day Warranty, all other 3 Year Warranty
Barbells. Limited Lifetime Warranty*/**
Any weightlifting bar can be bent or damaged by severe abuse or improper use. Improper use includes, but is not limited to: bars being dropped while unloaded; barbells being dropped on hard, non-absorbing surfaces or items such as benches, racks, or asphalt; bars left loaded or stored on a rack for an extended period; or moisture entering the sleeve through improper cleaning or harsh environments. Carefully inspect your bar for signs of damage that could impact safe performance and ensure sleeves are rotating as designed. If damage is detected, or you are unsure, please contact an Eleiko representative. Sleeve damage is generally linked to improper use or care, but if detected early can often be serviced or repaired.
- Bars shall only be dropped when loaded with discs, do not drop an unloaded bar.
- Barbells (bars loaded with discs) should only be dropped on platforms or surfaces designed for lifting such as an IWF or IPF Weightlifting Platform ( or similar specifications), , or a minimum 20 mm rubber flooring, with a minimum of 35% force reduction.
- Always use collars on each end of the bar to prevent disc movement during lifts.
- Never use the bar if it shows signs of damage, especially if the sleeves do not rotate properly as this may cause injury.
CLEANING AND CARE:
- Clean bars in a horizontal position. Apply 3-in-1 Oil to a lint free cloth, then wipe down your bar taking care to avoid the area where the sleeve and bar shaft come together.
- Do not allow bars to get wet or allow cleaning fluid to seep into the area where the sleeve and shaft come together. Moisture in the sleeve can impact bar performance and safety.
- Brush the knurling/bar with the nylon brush after each use to remove chalk or dirt.
- Never use a steel brush on a chromed / treated surface.
- For disinfection, we recommend alcohol-free, bleach-free, and o-phenylphenol (OPP) ammonia free wipes.
- Store bars empty in either the horizontal or upright position.
- Do not store bars with weights loaded as this could cause the bar to bend.
- Store bars in an indoor climate that is dry, clean, and optimally at a temperate between 18-27 degrees Celsius.
** Warranty against bending does not cover any bar which has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage or handling by the user. Negligent or faulty use includes abusive dropping of the bar (i.e., dropping the bar on a box, bench, spotter arms or pins in a power rack, excessive dropping with insufficient or damaged bumpers, any dropping with iron plates, excessive dropping on concrete or similar surfaces, and similar usage). Any specific issues regarding a Industrial Athletic product with which a customer is not satisfied will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We have found that most problems with barbells are related to abusive, use rather than manufacturing or materials, issues.
All Other Items. 90 Day Warranty
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
*Industrial Athletic will warranty this product from defects in material, functionality and workmanship for the lifetime of the product. “Lifetime” warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in materials or workmanship. The warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the product for so long as the original purchaser owns the product, and is non-transferable. Warranty does not apply to barbells that need maintenance.*
FOR ALL WARRANTIES
Warranty may be voided for any product which has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use/alteration/maintenance/storage or handling by the user. Any specific issues regarding an Industrial Athletic product with which a customer is not satisfied will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
PAINTED/POWDER COAT WARRANTY
***Warranty covers manufacturing defects only. Scratches and chips from impact, abrasion or contact may void warranty. All products are for indoor use only, unless expressly stated as "all weather" in the product description.
Used, Ex Demo, Clearance Items etc.
On occasion items are sold as condition other than new. Warranties apply to items sold as “new” and do not extend to items sold via auction, or deemed to be “factory seconds”, “ex-demonstration”, “used”, “ex-comp” or “damaged” unless specifically stated otherwise by Industrial Athletic Ltd in writing.
Assault Fitness Products
WHY OFFER A 100 DAY RETURN?
To give you peace of mind when buying fitness equipment directly from the Industrial Athletic Ltd website without first having had the opportunity to view or trial from one of our showrooms.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase we will happily accept your return under our 100 Day Return policy. You can return any item for exchange or online store credit. We do not refund if you have changed your mind about a purchase so please choose carefully. (If your item is faulty we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.) For all returns there are conditions, so please read them in full.
THE RULES ARE VERY FEW
- You must have purchased the goods online from our Industrial Athletic Ltd website.
- All Returns must be in as new condition with all packaging (internal and external), accessories and manuals complete and in as new condition and accompanied by the original sales invoice. Gather a little info off the sales invoice, from your industrialathletic.com account.
- Notify us through our online returns process above (link to returns in logged in section) within 100 days from the purchase date on your invoice and we will email you a return slip, with all instructions.
- Once notified, we will email you the return notice. Just follow the instructions on the return notice - you'll need to help by packaging it nicely, send it back to the address supplied. It’s not a lot to ask. Return to base freight charges are at the Buyer’s expense.
- Please DO NOT return your goods until you have received approval, and a return notice, and number.
- We will replace the goods, or credit your account to the value of the goods, excluding all shipping costs - it’s up to you, but you have to let us know what to do when we politely ask.
- The IA 100 Day Return Policy does not apply to faulty or damaged goods. You are still covered for faulty or damaged goods - See warranty terms & policy HERE for the details.
- Clearance and promotional sale items are excluded from our usual 100 day Return Policy, and are non-refundable. Please choose carefully. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- During the return process, we incur irreversible fees. Therefore, while we understand that orders might need to be changed sometimes, we are unable to do it free of charge after a certain point. Returned items will be subject to a 15% restocking fee
For more details simply send us an email via our Contact Us Page.
IA's "3 Ships Free" is a fast, cost-efficient way to expand your arsenal. If you buy three or more of the products listed in the 3-Ships Free collection, we'll ship the qualifying 3 free items to you for free, anywhere in New Zealand. Browse the collection to see our current "3 Ships Free" products and come up with your own combo. 3 Ships Free Products are subject to change, without notice. Online orders only. Specifically marked "3 Ships Free" Products only.
Industrial Athletic Ltd aims to provide the best quality strength and fitness equipment in New Zealand. We continually strive to source, test, and supply the very best in quality and durability. .
When redeeming a promotional code advertised on our website, please click the applicable link to read specific promotion details if required. These terms and conditions apply to those promotions where you must redeem a promotional code as part of the offer.
- The promotional code is valid for a limited time only. Industrial Athletic reserves the right to modify or cancel it at any time.
- Each promotional code can be used only once, unless otherwise specified.
- Each promotional code applies only to qualifying items. Details are specified in the promotion.
- The promotional code does not apply to pre-orders, unless otherwise specified.
- The promotional code does not apply to gift voucher purchases.
- The promotional code does not apply to low margin products.
- The promotion is subject to all restrictions set forth in the offer.
- If the promotion has a minimum purchase requirement, taxes, gift-wrap, shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount.
- The promotion applies only to orders shipped to the same address.
- The promotional code is not transferable, may not be resold or redeemed for cash.
- If you return items purchased using a promotional code, we will subtract the value of the promotional code from your return credit.
- Only one promotional code can be used each time and therefore cannot be combined with other offers using promotional code.
- Limit one promotional code per customer.
- Industrial Athletic reserves the right to void the transactions where prohibited.
- All non Industrial Athletic brands
- Racks and Rigs Category
- Gym Fit-out Category
- Hot Deals
- Clearance Items
- Items and packages on Sale, Promotion
- Cart level discounted items
All orders are automatically processed on our secure merchant processor and sent for shipment as soon as they are placed, or held in our warehouse pending the final dispatch. During this process we incur irreversible fees. Therefore, while we understand that orders might need to be changed sometimes, we are unable to do it free of charge after a certain point. We strictly adhere to the following cancellation policy:
- IA reserves the right to keep paid deposits for made to order items or custom orders. Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you cancel your order BEFORE it has been dispatched, IA will refund your deposit less 10% of the unfulfilled items value.
- If you cancel your order AFTER it has been dispatched, the cancellation will have to be treated as a Return with all applicable fees (restocking fee 20% of the value to be returned + return costs).
- Orders which are REFUSED AT DELIVERY will be assessed all of the applicable fees listed above - including restocking, cancellation and other applicable fees.