The length is a compact 1800mm long, complemented by 25mm shaft diameter. Check out the close up of the knurling and you'll easily see a flatter surface and deeper grooves with near straight walls. This allows a very grippy feel, without the sharp peaks. The shaft is constructed from >190,000psi UTS Steel, with a rolling and strengthening process that gives it a stiffer feel.
- Black manganese phosphate shaft for durability grip. This coating is used for military-grade weaponry and has excellent durability and superior grip, and no shine.
- A flat walled diamond knurl pattern provides a superior gripping surface, and a chalky texture, that mind-bogglingly wicks sweat away
- Bright zinc, striated pattern sleeves containing oil-impregnated bronze bushings, for a smooth spin - NOTE, bright zinc as a sleeve coating will wear faster than chrome.
Finally a fully droppable 10kg Bar! Designed and constructed specifically to fit the needs of the junior Olympic lifter, or the novice, looking to progress from a broomstick or alloy bar. The black manganese phosphate and Diamond Knurl combination provide a grip that offers a superior grip without the tearing of many sharp ‘pure’ weightlifting bars. This is a great all-purpose, functional strength, and Olympic, and All-Round junior lifting bar.
Specifications and Construction Features:
- Sleeve length 168mm
- >190,000+psi spring steel
- Shaft tolerance +0.5/-0mm
- Oil Impregnated bronze bushings
- Industrial black manganese shaft electroplating
- Industrial bright zinc sleeve electroplating
- Omitted centre knurl for neck comfort
- Dual IWF 910mm, and IPF 810mm, markings for correct hand placement
- 30,000 drop tested to ensure safety and durability
- The dual snap ring design
- End caps marked with the bar weight
- +/-10g tolerance
Maintenance of zinc requires occasional rubbing with 3-in-1 oil, or similar.
Barbell Warranty Specifics
This is an Olympic Lifting specific Barbell. Maintenance is key for any piece of gym equipment, and importantly for barbells. Regular maintenance will keep your equipment in prime condition and lasting a lifetime. Regular oiling between the shaft and sleeve with 3 in 1 oil is essential for good rotation
Incorrect usage (misuse) of barbells includes but is not limited to:
- Dropping unevenly onto a non-Olympic platform surface, spotting arms, power rack, box etc
- Dropping the bar with no bumper plates (empty bar)
- Dropping the bar with weight plates other than bumper plates
- Dropping the bar in a way that part of the bar makes contact with any surface prior to the bumper plates
- Storing the bar for a prolonged period of time loaded with weights
Key indicators for barbells that have been used for purposes that are unintended, and void warranty, include
- A slight or gradual and consistent bend in the shaft. Incorrect storage such as leaving the barbell loaded with weight for a prolonged period of time will cause this style of damage thus rendering misuse rather than a manufacturing fault
- A bend that is off centre is the result of trauma caused by the uneven dropping of the bar. Generally accompanied by a localised surface deviation or colour change on the shaft
How to maintain barbells
You may also like
Our Customer Say
★★★★★Chris Burke - Owner/Head Coach
So the benefit that I had with going with Industrial Athletic is they've been involved with a lot of fit-outs from start to finish, the professionalism and the experience. There's no other choice, they're at the top of their game.CrossFit Metal Zone
★★★★★Simon Thomas - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
To get the quality of gear that can handle a high amount of usage, especially when you've got a particular budget to start with, you need to know it's going to last you and it's going to be fit for the use you'll put it through. Make sure you've got something that you are proud of, you're happy with, and is going to last is really critical.Canterbury Rugby
★★★★★Johnny Leo'o - Strength & Conditioning Coach
If you want gear thats going to do the job and do it well and it's going to last, than I'd definitely say 'spend the money on it', and I'd definitely recommend Industrial Athletic because it ticks all the boxes when it comes to gym equipmentSt Thomas of Canterbury College
★★★★★Jan Reyneke - Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
I didn't really look around too much to be honest. I have a good idea of what's out there and have dealt with a few different vendors. So it was a bit of a no-brainer for me - it was a trust thing. I knew the products were good quality, and I knew the service I was going to get from Rob was good and I could trust him.Saint Kentigern College