Milo of Croton was a 6th-century Greek athlete and wrestler. His name is still proverbial for extraordinary strength. According to legend, Milo trained by carrying a calf daily from its birth until it became a full-sized ox. He is also said to have carried an ox on his shoulders through the stadium at Olympia.
The Industrial Athletic “Milo" Open Bar offers the ruggedness and durability of our other speciality bars with the features of an open side that enables the user to accomplish exercises that may not be facilitated by a traditional Trap or Hex Bar. The value of this style of lifting allows loading of the hips, core, and legs with minimal stress on the lower lumbar region. Many people who find lifts uncomfortable, painful, or have physical injuries and limitations that prohibit picking up a weight from the floor in the conventional deadlift manner can benefit from the use of a hex bar.
The open aspect enables the user to perform various exercises that would be all but impossible using a standard hex bar and or standard Olympic/Powerlifting Barbell.
- Weight: 31 kg (68 lbs)
- Construction: 40 gauge round tubing
- Sleeve Coating: Hard Chrome with metal logo plates secured with snap rings
- Sleeve Construction: Machined steel fixed sleeves
- Finish: Black Powder coat
- Grips: Machined steel, hard chrome-plated, knurled handles. 2" and 1.25" diameters.
- Distance between handles: 62.59 cm
- Total Length: 213.36 cm
- Sleeve length:
- Total Sleeve length: 40.64 cm
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 39.37 cm
- Sleeve Diameter: 5 cm
- Gussets: 0.6 cm steel to offer support and prevent sagging after years of hard and heavy usage, drops, etc.
- can be stored upright in bar holder
- Two 92 shore hardness rubber bolted in hard rubber feet on each side for maximum stability and to protect flooring and bar surface from premature wear. Functions as a bar jack to enable easy loading of the bar.
- Weight capacity: 680.39 kg
- Maximum dynamic capacity of Jack: 272.16 kg. Over 272.16 kg must be loaded on the bar with the Jack in its vertical position
NOTE: All measurements are approximations within applicable manufacturing toleranceHow to maintain barbells
Our Customer Say
★★★★★Chris Burke - Owner/Head Coach
So the benefit that I had with going with Industrial Athletic is they've been involved with a lot of fit-outs from start to finish, the professionalism and the experience. There's no other choice, they're at the top of their game.CrossFit Metal Zone
★★★★★Simon Thomas - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
To get the quality of gear that can handle a high amount of usage, especially when you've got a particular budget to start with, you need to know it's going to last you and it's going to be fit for the use you'll put it through. Make sure you've got something that you are proud of, you're happy with, and is going to last is really critical.Canterbury Rugby
★★★★★Johnny Leo'o - Strength & Conditioning Coach
If you want gear thats going to do the job and do it well and it's going to last, than I'd definitely say 'spend the money on it', and I'd definitely recommend Industrial Athletic because it ticks all the boxes when it comes to gym equipmentSt Thomas of Canterbury College
★★★★★Jan Reyneke - Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
I didn't really look around too much to be honest. I have a good idea of what's out there and have dealt with a few different vendors. So it was a bit of a no-brainer for me - it was a trust thing. I knew the products were good quality, and I knew the service I was going to get from Rob was good and I could trust him.Saint Kentigern College